The purpose of the scholarship award is to recognize nurses in graduate study who demonstrate the potential to make a significant contribution to the nursing profession and health care. The scholarship award is intended to assist with the cost of graduate education. There are no restrictions on the funding; however it must be applied to educational enrichment and/or professional advancement of the student.
Maximum Scholarship Award
The maximum award is $1000 however funding could be less as selection is based on merit.
Submission Deadline: June 1, 2012
Award Notification: July 20, 2012
Presentation of the Award: October 24, 2012 at the Fall Research Conference
- Statement of applicant professional goals
- Current resume or curriculum vita.
- Two letters of recommendation – at least one from a nurse leader in practice, education, administration or research.
- Paragraph describing the use of the funds for educational enrichment and/or professional advancement.
- Email all application materials to Eileen.Walsh@utoledo.edu stating Zeta Theta Scholarship in subject line of email.
Award Selection Criteria
- Statement of professional goals consistent with the mission of Sigma Theta Tau.
- Substantial contributions to nursing profession as evident in resume or curriculum vita.
- Capacity to make a difference in nursing and health care based on letters of recommendation.
- Appropriate description of use of funds.
Contact Eileen Walsh, PhD, RN, Research/ Scholarship Committee Chair
Zeta Theta Chapter At Large University of Toledo, College of Nursing
Download the Call for 2012 Applications for Scholarship Awards (pdf)