Topic: Nurse reflections on medical mission service
1. Greg Shannon, MSN, RN; Staff Development Coordinator at the University of Toledo Medical Center.
2. Heidi Shank, MSN, RN; Instructor in the College of Nursing at the University of Toledo.
3. Teresa Betts-Cobau, MSN, RN, WHNP, CNM; Nurse Practitioner in OB-GYN at the University of Toledo Medical Center.
The participant will be able to: Learners will identify two vital emotional and physical factors that need to be addressed prior to medical mission service.
To provide nurses with information on current practice trends and the law.
1.0 Contact Hours of Continuing Nursing Education will be awarded for successful completion.
More information to come.
Please submit applications by March 1, 2016.
Zeta Theta Tau Chapter-At-Large
Annual Research Meeting
February 8, 2016 5:00 pm – 8:10 pm
University of Toledo Medical Center School of Nursing, Collier Building Program and dinner are free, need to preregister by emailing Julie_Stausmire@mercy.com
5:00 – 5:45 PM
Author Hall of Fame and Poster Viewing
Dinner and conversation
5:45 – 6:00 PM
Welcome – Julie Stausmire
6:00 – 6:40
Patricia Beach MSN, RN, AOCN, ACHPN – Writing outside the box: Writing for a general audience outside the nursing literature.
* Author of “In the shadows, how to help your seriously ill adult child”
* AJN 2013 Book of the Year for Consumer Education
* APEX 2014 award for Publication Excellence
6:40 – 7:00
Valerie Pauli MSN, RN, ACNS-BC, CNE – A Qualitative Evaluation of Service-Learning for Associate Degree Nursing Students
7:00 – 7:20
Dawn Bolyard MSN, RN, CNS, AE-C – Healthy kids, healthy homes: Data driven identification of asthma epicenters in Lucas County, OH and environmental factors influencing asthma.
7:20 – 7:40
Joely Austin MSN, RN, C-EFM – Obstetrics Nursing Residency Curriculum Design
7:40 – 8:00
Temeaka Gray PsyD, MBA, CNP, RN – Shared Governance is Still Relevant in Colleges of Nursing
8:00 – 8:10 PM
Evaluations and awarding of certificates
Counselors: Please bring names of award recipients to Award Chair for Fall Induction.