To promote research, scholarship and collaboration among members of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, Zeta Theta Chapter-At-Large.
Abstracts are to be 200 words or less, typed single-spaced, on a single page. One (1) copy of the Abstract should include the title, author(s) with degrees, institutional affiliation for each author and statement of support (if applicable). Four (4) copies of the Abstract should have the title; however, the name(s) of author(s), institutional affiliation or support information should be removed. This is to insure a blind review of the Abstract. Abstracts may be submitted for a paper presentation or a poster presentation. The nature of the research may include: basic or applied studies, case reports, qualitative inquiries, quality improvement projects or other scholarly research activity. Paper presentations must be of completed research: poster presentations may include completed projects or those in process.
Download complete criteria and submission form:
2012 Call for Abstracts (pdf)
The purpose of the scholarship award is to recognize nurses in graduate study who demonstrate the potential to make a significant contribution to the nursing profession and health care. The scholarship award is intended to assist with the cost of graduate education. There are no restrictions on the funding; however it must be applied to educational enrichment and/or professional advancement of the student.
Maximum Scholarship Award
The maximum award is $1000 however funding could be less as selection is based on merit.
Submission Deadline: June 1, 2012
Award Notification: July 20, 2012
Presentation of the Award: October 24, 2012 at the Fall Research Conference
- Statement of applicant professional goals
- Current resume or curriculum vita.
- Two letters of recommendation – at least one from a nurse leader in practice, education, administration or research.
- Paragraph describing the use of the funds for educational enrichment and/or professional advancement.
- Email all application materials to Eileen.Walsh@utoledo.edu stating Zeta Theta Scholarship in subject line of email.
Award Selection Criteria
- Statement of professional goals consistent with the mission of Sigma Theta Tau.
- Substantial contributions to nursing profession as evident in resume or curriculum vita.
- Capacity to make a difference in nursing and health care based on letters of recommendation.
- Appropriate description of use of funds.
Contact Eileen Walsh, PhD, RN, Research/ Scholarship Committee Chair
Zeta Theta Chapter At Large University of Toledo, College of Nursing
Download the Call for 2012 Applications for Scholarship Awards (pdf)